One of the most progressive direct sales and marketing companies in the world, having presence in 29 countries - dealing with a wide range of products and services in more than 14 industries including telecommunications, pay TV, broadband, insurance, fundraising, consumer products, energy, home efficiency, home security, financial services, training and education courses, sports marketing, and magazine and newspaper subscriptions.The Role
Reporting to the Country Head, you will work alongside key business decision makers (in Thailand, Malaysia and Hong Kong), influencing and shaping financial and commercial decisions to help drive business performance. You will also help to deliver effective financial management, control and advisory support for their business unit.Job Focus
- Provide objective financial advice and opinions that impact the future choices of the business unit
- Build sustainable finance systems and processes to support growth of business
- Work proactively with key business unit team members to identify opportunities and to drive transformational business growth initiatives
- Provide financial and commercial evaluation of new business initiatives/projects including analysis, business case development, assessment of options, financial modelling and project costing
- Lead and drive the 5-year plan, budgeting and forecasting activities for the business unit including cash flow forecast.
- Work with the Business Unit Head to develop relevant management reports and use the resulting reports/dashboards to steer debate and action from the business unit team
- Maintain a scorecard that monitors agreed strategic KPI’s and key reporting criteria in the areas of sales, profitability, productivity and ROI, including where available, benchmarks for comparison.
- Facilitate risk management process and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on company business operations, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives
- Lead cost management initiatives for the business unit and ensure optimal resource allocation with the business unit.
- Work with the other Finance team members to ensure that accounting and taxation treatment is aligned with the business practice.
- Support the business in assuming greater degree of financial accountability by providing local coaching and training to improve financial confidence and competence across the business unit
- Facilitate collaboration between finance team members through sharing information, collaborating and taking mutual responsibility for the work of the Finance team.
- Undertake continuous improvement in relevant processes pertaining to the business unit or finance department
- Any other task as may be required by the management team