We are looking for an Executive Chef to join our team at one of our International Remote Sites. This position is rotational (3months on, 3 weeks off, depending on location assigned). THE MISSION
Part I: Role Leadership and Image:
- Responsible to coordinate and manage all food services activities on the designated project.
- Must guarantee to supervise according to Aden Services Standard with methods of Professionalization, Standardization, Procedure and humanization.
Part II: Responsibility Key tasks:
- Leadership by example promoting corporate values,
- Driving positive morale of the whole team,
- Delegate responsibilities and set realistic objectives to Catering staff
- Ensure all work is coordinated and executed in line with ADEN strategic regional planning,
- Self – motivated, results orientated and performance driven,
- Values the importance of working with integrity and utilizes best ethical business practices,
- Winning and Cooperative Attitude
- Dress professionally to Aden Services policy.
- Cooperative to all levels of the ADEN organization
- Knowledge of all corporate policies and procedures, regulations and line of authority, in everyday business practices and especially while holding operation meetings with clients.
- To work accordance to the employee handbook set by the company.
- The Club Executive Chef must management multiple food and beverage outlets in an international setting. Must be experienced in starting up new operations implementing innovative concepts and themes.
- Must be able to manage work flow in institutional catering formats such as schools, hospitals, factories, as well as traditional Restaurants, cafes, and hotel type venues.
- Specializing in Western, South East Asian and local cuisines, the Executive Chef must develop all standardized recipes for all menu items and oversee all production and preparation of Food & Beverage products to ensure the very best in taste and quality of product for our guests.
- Must maintain a “hands on” approach, the Manager is to be involved, in all areas of the operation, and active part of the preparation of each product served, and is to ensure “only” the highest quality product is presented to the client.
- Ensure that Food Safe Practices are strictly adhered to in order that all products served is of the highest quality.
- Develop and introduce the “first in and first out system” for product rotation with a color-coded label system.
- Assist team in cleaning duties of kitchen and dishwashing needs, in addition to daily duties.
- Is responsible to ensure that consistent training methods are used and implement an effective apprenticeship program, to train all interested candidates to achieve success in the culinary field, by rotating students and cross training as per the national apprenticeship requirements.
- Must lead team by example and keep a positive atmosphere with in the kitchen at all times.
- Is responsible to communicate all maintenance concerns and issue work orders to the client’s maintenance team.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations.
- Must have taken and passed a LEVEL 2 Food Safe Program and be able to pass on all necessary information and to ensure that safe food practices are employed at all times by all members of the Food Service Team.
- Ensure that all employees of the Food Service Team are fully knowledgeable about all equipment and the proper safe use of all kitchen and service equipment.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
- Ability to provide positive customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should have 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Executive Chef or as a Restaurant Kitchen Manager with ability to provide and maintain supervision over food production for up to 1000 people.
- Must have Chef Certification from a recognized institution to qualify for position.
- Must current certificates in standard first aid, and WHMIS as well as keeping them updated as needed.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in an ala Carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Position requires knowledge of extensive computer operations, including and not limited to Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint and outlook.
- Must have a complete understanding of inventory control and cost control systems.
- Must have a complete understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products. One must have a complete understanding of WHIMIS and the Hazard Identification Program and apply this knowledge in your day-to-day work.
- Must use as required P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment) where necessary (cut resistant gloves, masks etc.). All employees must supply their own C.S.A. approved NON-SLIP footwear and C.S.A. approved Steel toed boots where required for the position. ADEN Services will provide certain P.P.E. which must be worn as instructed in all areas and environments where required, (such has Safety Goggles and rubber gloves). All employees have the right and the duty to refuse and not participate in any unsafe work practices.
- To ensure the catering venues of each site are operating accordance to QHSE policies and standards of the company.
- Must ensure regular quality checks and audits are performed.
- To ensure that the right amount of products and the correct equipment are used for the activities.
- Ensure high level of personal hygiene and follow the uniform standard set by the company, good health check for each staff, maintain the personal data folder in camp office.
- Assist project manager with emergency planning.
- Cooperate with client; make the EHS audit and monthly health check.
- It is forbidden to use or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on any project site, all employees are subject to prescreening, random testing and post incident testing. Test failure at any stage will result in removal from site.
Part III: Reports & Deliverables:
- Manage effective communication with clients, staff and ADEN senior management.
- Assist HR management and advise staff, scheduling, recruitment, staff interview, staff monthly appraisal.
- Implement train programs for the new staff in order to make them operational ready as soon as possible (set up training policies)
- Regularly attends Team Meetings.
- Prepare daily progress report, which will clearly provide all information covering all incidents and concerns within the food service department.
- Prepare weekly orders for groceries, produce, dairy and other kitchen supplies, based on the needs of the kitchen, but also takes in to account budget and rotation of all stock.
- Maintain attendance rosters from all venues,
- Complete an accurate and complete monthly inventory as well as tracking and recording all weekly purchases of all food products. In addition to sourcing and researching best prices and quality of raw products and consumables.
- Develop with the assistance and input of all team members, client requests and camp manager an interesting and exciting 4-week cycle menu that will fulfill all the nutritional needs of our clients.
- Menu must be completed and submitted 1.5 weeks prior to implementation, for approval of Project Manager and Client.
- Fulfill all the needs of budget target food cost in order to achieve a cost effective food service operation.