Our client PUIG is a third generation fashion and fragrances family business founded in 1914 and based in Barcelona, Spain. PUIG’s strength lies in its ability to build brands, in shaping the image of brands through fashion and in translating that same image into the world of fragrance through storytelling and product excellence. PUIG’s strong performance especially in the prestige fragrance industry has resulted in substantial growth and revenues of 1.3 billion Euros in 2011. PUIG’s success stories include a combination of fully owned brands such as Nina Ricci, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera and Jean Paul Gaultier, fragrance licenses such as Prada, Valentino and Comme des Garcons, and celebrity fragrances. PUIG fragrances are sold in more than 130 countries.
Today PUIG is undergoing a fast pace growth in Asia-Pacific with the objective to quadruple their market share in the region by 2017.
As part of this fast expansion, PUIG is hiring an Area Manager to join their Asia-Pacific Travel Retail team. You will look after the Travel Retail sales channel for South East Asia.
Objectives and responsibilities
Reporting to the APAC Travel Retail Director (based in Singapore), and part of a growing Asia-Pacific Travel Retail team, you will be ultimately responsible to significantly grow the business of the PUIG Prestige Fragrance Brands (Prada, Valentino, Nina Ricci, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera) in the Travel Retail sales channels for the South East Asian countries with a primary focus in the key markets: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Cambodia.
Your mission will be to achieve the Net Revenues, Market Share and Profitability objectives and to help coordinating the International Key Accounts (travel retail operators).
Your main responsibilities will be:
In the case of International Accounts:
- Understand full potential of the markets for Prestige Fragrances: size, growth, key players, distribution…
- Understand current situation and future needs of the accounts: develop Account Plans oriented to build partnership and deliver growth both for PUIG Brands and the client/account
- Maximize presence and exposure of PUIG Brands in the accounts (exploit distribution opportunities and target Point of Sale Excellence, by ensuring visibility both temporary (animations) and permanent (space and location))
- Ensure trade conditions are linked to brand-building counterparts, customize and negotiate promotional plans based on Brands annual Marketing Plan, develop service plan/objectives as well as budget
- Lead negotiations with clients and keep the day-to-day management of the account
- Monitor and control the account plan implementation
- Analyze sell-out and POS information in order to adapt and improve the account plan
- Manage PUIG Field Supervisor based in Singapore as well as PUIG BAs in all markets under responsibility (10-15 and growing)
- Provide timely information to International Key Account Coordinators for the planning and implementation process
- Follow guidelines of International Key Account Coordinators