- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across all geographies, including Procurement Teams, Projects Managers, Projects Controllers, Business Development Managers, corporate Finance and Treasury to consolidate and report local and regional expenses and commitments as well as Procurement performance results.
- Ensure accurate and timely creation of management reports, dashboards and executive presentations.
- Work with procurement and planning teams across Comin businesses to enhance material & subcontracting prices variations and implement/improve other related processes.
- Provide expertise in quantitative and qualitative analyses, including variances and risk/opportunity scenarios
- Develop models and processes that facilitate competitive analyses and best-practice benchmarking.
- Assist the Group Procurement Coordinator in the definition of the Group procurement strategies.
- Work closely with finance, procurement and IT teams on defining, developing and implementing information systems (ERP) to support processes.
Though not always limited to the below list, his/ her involvement can be summarized as follow:Position Highlights
The candidate will act as a key hub for all Group Procurement activities and will manage workflow tools and processes to ensure the seamless consolidation and reporting of financial plans, forecasts, and actual results. She/he will develop and maintain complex models, processes and analyses to ensure the quality and timeliness of results. Additionally, the candidate will play a critical role in collaborating with Procurement and Corporate functions such as Finance and Treasury.
The Candidate will have the opportunity to develop strong knowledge of supplies and subcontracting markets and implement regional processes to streamline planning operations. The candidate will interact with Project Managers region wide, gaining significant exposure to the company's lines of business and Senior Management. To be successful, the candidate must be able to see the “big picture” as well as have an eye for detail, deliver results within deadlines while balancing multiple priorities, and be prepared to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.Financial Reporting
- Actual expenses and commitments.
- Budget follow-up, gap analysis vs budget, rolling forecast.
- Risk analysis and corrective actions propositions.
- Rolling forecast and project review.
- Lead the data gathering and conduct analysis per commodity portfolio, per product family, per suppliers, per origin.
- Conduct effective investment appraisal, if any.
- Analyze procedures, material and financial data and identifying value drivers and risk factors in the Group procurement and supply chain.
- Apply analytical tools and conduct activity based costing such as Cost/Price Analysis, Activity Based Costing, Value Analysis, Spend Analysis, or Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) as requested. Provide financial basics for non- financial staff throughout department.
- Review and compile projects inventory costing records, such as Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Material Yield Variance (MYV), scrap and reuse costs.
- Assist management with the development of category spend strategies, tactical and business continuity plans.
- Together with commodity leaders, research suppliers and industries to accumulate expertise in cost drivers and leading practices.
- Consolidate and archive inputs so to improve budget accuracy on future projects.
Relationship with other Divisions
- Develop and maintain internal divisional metrics and measurements, utilizing statistical process control or other applicable measurement tools.
- Identify and propose room for improvements based on actual KPI results.
- Interface with commercial units and costing teams to understand business needs and to provide market information in order to protect and grow margins.
- Work closely with Project & Costing teams to benchmark and implement best practices, leverage internal intellectual property and conduct data analysis to facilitate the implementation of cost savings and process improvement opportunities. Play a key role in developing and implementing identified
- Collaborate with Project Controllers to help with the control and analysis of Subcontractors Claims (monthly claims, VOs claims...) and the control of material received, material handover to Sub-Contractors and material installed on Site in order to identify discrepancies and assess budget accuracy.
- Monitor and assess anticipated procurement results per project, per geography and per business.
- Be part of the Purchase Orders (PO) approval process and ensure that PO are forecasted by the last updated procurement budget, identify any deviation and alert next approval level and direct manager.
- Assist the Regional Procurement Coordinator with the definition of the procurement strategies.
- Join local and Group coordination meetings if and when required.
Quality management / Quality assurance and control
- Report on a monthly basis to the Group Procurement Manager on the Procurement Control and Performance.
- Report on a regular basis (as may be required) to Group Procurement Coordinator about Procurement related challenges, threats and results.
- Maintain proper and tidy archiving of related documentation allowing fast and easy reference
- Produce financial analysis upon completion of projects with recommendations, to be used as a reference for improvement in the costing of future projects.
Ethics & Corporate Culture
- Identify and report challenges experienced on the application of the system at company level, and propose changes accordingly
- Ensure best that Ethics practices are enforced at any time and immediately alert direct Manager of any deviation.
- Develop a cross-country team spirit and promote a Group Corporate culture.